Google
Google

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Yellow

I submitted this poem for a writing exercise on "Colour". It got me no comments, but I still like the way it turned out. I don't really know if I can classify it as a poem; it seems to be a load of gibberish. Yet, it captures my mood well and my expressions in one single colour and being the defiant creature I am, I let it be my first entry on my blog.

when i happy i yellow bubbly yellow
fresh ripe lemon slice tantalize from
the rim of cocktail glass zing thing i
also yellow when i bored like a sun
lazy run over clear blue sky at work
i yellow when i lied to gaudy yellow
of silk saris six months ago i be anaemic
yellow my blood go yellow no iron
no strength yet i never yellow with
jaundice and bland love life not yet
yellow no nor like Cantonese nor
even Yellow River but my favourite
song be ‘Yellow Submarine’ and my
body be smooth like yellow butter
melt in your mouth utterly delicious
sometimes yellow teeth when i eat
much meat yellow spaces in my mind
i be much fine no yellow in my heart

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it is all yellow!

...happy to be the first to leave a comment here. Muahhhhhh

guess who?? :)

8:28 AM, February 08, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:13 AM, February 10, 2005  
Blogger Prat said...

Delightful, ecletic scale! Keep the words flowing!

10:04 AM, February 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home